CircleFlip breaks with Yoast SEO 3.3.0

Tagged: 

• CircleFlip breaks with Yoast SEO 3.3.0
    Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

• karelleninc
    Participant

The content editor breaks completely after upgrading to Yoast SEO 3.3.0. The problem is with scraping being provided to Yoast SEO.

karelleninc
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Cedric
    Participant

Hi

I can confirm the issue linked with Latest Yoast plugin update. I deactivated it and I can edit pages again.

Thank to look at it as most of us are using this popular SEO tool.

Cheers

Cédric

Bishoy Melek

Hello,

We have checked the problem and it will be fixed as soon as possible . and I will inform you when it’s done .

My Regards,

karelleninc
    Participant

Thanks!!

karelleninc
    Participant

FYI, https://github.com/Yoast/wordpress-seo/issues/4883 – Yoast are also fixing this in 3.3.1.

Cedric
    Participant

It is fixed, the plugin is currently deployed 3.3.1, I have installed and activated it and I can now edit content blocks again.

Cheers

karelleninc
    Participant

Awesome, thanks!

karelleninc
    Participant

While we’re on this topic, it would be great if CircleFlip would allow the content to be available for Yoast inspection. Right now Yoast reports 0 words of content no matter what happens in Content Editor.

Cedric
    Participant

+1, 100% agree with Karelleninc, this would definitely help us to optimize our SEO strategy.

Bassam Tarek
    Keymaster

Hi All,

We have checked this issue, Currently there is no page builder that can integrate with the way that yoast is scanning the content, Yoast is checking the content itself and not the content Meta which causes the problem that you are reporting.

Problem Description:

Few Releases ago of yoast, Yoast developers was working with a filter to enable theme developers to hook and add the meta content that we have to their scanner but unfortunately they removed this filter totally and now they depend on JS with Ajax in their scanning which adds a lot of effort in order to be able to integrate with any builder that depends on the meta.

Responsibility:

According to WordPress Theme Developers Guide it is the themes responsibility to integrate with the plugins but for sure plugins authors should as well help us with a way to integrate with their work “If it is possible” without wasting much time

Effect on your SEO:

Please be sure that your website SEO is never affected with this metrics, Yoast is just using those lights to indicate that you are correct or not and has nothing to do with the search engines, if you still want to see the indicators then you can simply copy the content and paste it in the default editor for yoast to check but personally i don’t see a reason for this

I hope that this helps you
    Cheers

karelleninc
    Participant

Bassam, yep, I’m fully aware that it won’t affect our SEO but having a SEO tool integration would definitely help us to tune the page. Right now we’re flying blind.

I’ll contact Yoast to see if they’ll have some pointers for integration.

Thanks!

karelleninc
    Participant

Bassam Tarek
    Keymaster

Hi Karelleninc,

Thanks for posting this issue and hopefully we can get a solution for this, here are some important points to clarify more the situation:

1- As i mentioned in my comment the hook that allows us to scan the meta content of the page builder is deprecated since version 3.0, referring to the following code in the latest version:

// WordPress hooks that have been deprecated in Yoast SEO 3.0.
    $deprecated_30 = array(
    ‘wpseo_pre_analysis_post_content’,

and also from this link: https://gist.github.com/tacoverdo/6578081

2- Most of the advanced page builders (visual composer, fusion builder, etc) out there don’t work well with the Yoast SEO plugin’s analysis feature, this is the latest update that i have and i believe once there is a solution everybody will use it because as you said it will definitely help everybody

3- This is a response from Yoast Support on similar issue on another page builder: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/divi-and-yoast-page-analysis-issues#post-7540000

Currently we are trying to dedicate some time to understand how yoast is exactly working to know if it is possible to integrate with this feature or not and will keep you updated

Have a nice day

karelleninc
    Participant

Hi Bassam,

Please check
    https://yoast.com/dev-blog/yoast-seo-developer-beta/ and
    https://github.com/Yoast/YoastSEO.js/blob/develop/docs/Customization.md and let me know if these docs make things more clear.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘CircleFlip breaks with Yoast SEO 3.3.0’ is closed to new replies.