Comments and views on portfolio posts?

• Comments and views on portfolio posts?
    Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• michael48769
    Participant

Hello, is it possible to count views and add comments to portfolio posts? It seems, that you have integrated this feature, because the circleflip theme shows comments and views icons in my portfolio-items block – but without any functionality, I guess.

Look at this example: http://internet.punktsicht.de/projekte-werkbank/

Thanks for your advice.

Amr Essam
    Keymaster

Hello Michael,

Thanks for pointing this out. I have fixed it and it will be released within the next update. In the mean time if you need it, please provide FTP Access to your server (in a private reply here) so that I can it fix directly.

Cheers

michael48769
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Amr Essam
    Keymaster

Hello Michael,

We have been discussing this feature here with the developers to see what’s the best way for it to be implemented.

– This feature won’t be rolled in the next updates Circle Flip.

– The Views and Comments count which are rendered here http://internet.punktsicht.de/projekte-werkbank/ would be removed from the main files of Circle Flip.

– We will create a plugin for you to enable the comments on the portfolio page. This will keep you able to update Circle Flip theme normally while the plugin extends the portfolio functionality to enable the comments.

I will need your admin panel credentials as well to complete this task for you when we create the plugin.

Let me know if you have any feedback,
    Thanks for understanding

michael48769
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Amr Essam
    Keymaster

Hello Michael,

We are considering enabling this feature for all customers but this isn’t confirmed yet. For the moment, I installed a plugin called “CircleFlip Portfolio allow comments” and activated it. I also modified the file named “single-circleflip-portfolio.php” in the theme root to have the comments form ( I found that you made some edits already to this file, please be aware that those changes might be lost if you updated the theme without taking a backup of those).

I also enabled the comments on the blog post through the meta box in the Edit Post page.

Check it and let me know if you have any feedback

Cheers

michael48769
    Participant

Hello Amr,
    Thank you very much. This works great! Just like I wanted it to be.
    I’m very grateful for your help. Great support – great Theme!
    Best regards,
    Michael

Amr Essam
    Keymaster

You’re most welcomed Michael,

Please consider rating Circle flip from your downloads page on themeforest, it would mean a lot to us 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Comments and views on portfolio posts?’ is closed to new replies.