Content Builder not working

• Content Builder not working
    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Heather
    Participant

Hi Omar,

I’m back. I have another website, and I was having difficulty with the theme for that one, so I purchased another license for CircleFlip (in large part thanks to your service!).

1.) The content builder doesn’t work. I can open it, but the drag/drop doesn’t do anything. I have updated my php.ini file for the max_input_vars, etc., as I did for my other website, but that didn’t seem to help.
    I deleted the original theme that I bought via ftp, but it seems that the files from that theme are still there somewhere. I hope this isn’t what’s causing the problem. I had to upload CircleFlip via ftp, because WP couldn’t upload the zip file.

2.) On my other website, I’m still having the issue on my services page: “the second text box won’t read my ‘hard enter’ to put “How you communicate…” in a new paragraph. There’s no space between.”

I added you as an Admin via info@creiden.com

Thank you!
    –Heather

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey Heather,

Welcome back!
    Thanks for your trust, I hope we meet your expectations, always.

Regarding the issues
    1- Seems like there are some files missing, please re-upload the theme and it should work.
    If you’re having trouble deleting the files, I suggest you try again using FTP or cPanel/pleask directly.
    If you like, I would gladly delete the broken theme and upload another one for you, please allow me FTP access and I’ll do my best to sort this out

2- We’re working on a final fix for this issue (adding a visual | text option) by enabling html to be used in the form. but it will take a while to apply, so please, and just as a temp solution, make the last change you apply to the page be that page break, that should make it work unless you update the page again.

Regards

Heather
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey Heather,

Thanks for your answer, and sorry for the late reply.

I’ve uploaded the theme to your server, and it’s working now, please check 🙂

No worries about the mess, sometimes uploads fail that all!

Regarding “merging” the two sites, please let me know more about that!
    Do you need any data from the old one? or just need the new one to take hold of the root path?

It would be extremely complicated to merge the content of the two website, If that’s the case, I suggest you export the content from the old one, and import it in the new one.
    Edit away any missing parts.
    Then move the new website to reside in the root directory.

If you need help moving your WordPress please let me know and I would help 🙂

Yes, we are Creiden and nope we’re not a part of a larger company.

Have a great Sunday!

Cheers

Heather
    Participant

You are the best! Thank you, Omar! 🙂

No worries on the delay. I figured it might take a bit and that you have other customers, too. 🙂

The site works great. Thank you. Just a response and a couple questions…

Correct… I don’t need to merge sites, I just want the new one to take hold of the root path. I saved all the data I need from the old site, so it can be tossed in the trash.

Regarding CircleFlip… I get a message that says, “This theme recommends the following plugin: CircleFlip Portfolio Plugin.” I tried to install it, but it wouldn’t install… then I saw that I already have the plugin activated in my plugins list… But the recommendation message is still there. Should I just ignore it?

In Content Builder, the blocks show Asian character fonts for the “Export Block” “Edit Column” “Remove” pop-up menu in the upper right-hand corner. Could I be missing some font style settings?

Thank you, again! I truly appreciate your assistance.
    –Heather

Heather
    Participant

Hi Omar,

Another follow-up… I was playing around with the site, and…

If I select icons in the List feature, I only see the Asian-like character fonts again.

Also, the saving of blocks isn’t working well, like before for my other site. It took me about three or four redos before something saved. I started experiencing it with the List blocks; then it continued with just a column and text block.

Should I update my php.ini file more? I think our other solution was to add a line of script somewhere, which helped.

Thank you!
    –Heather

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey Heather,

Looks like I missed a couple of files myself 😀
    Anyways all good now

Regarding moving the website, you can follow those steps
    1- backup the old website files (you could just compress and download)
    2- backup the old website database
    3- backup the new website
    4- backup the new website database
    5- move all files and folder from /home to the root path
    6- change all links in the new website database from root.com/home to root.com

that’s it 🙂

I can help with changing all the links in the DB, I use wp-cli.org’s commands.
    If you would like, please send me a copy of the database at support@creiden.com and I’ll change the links and send it back

Cheers

Heather
    Participant

Thank you, Omar! It seems to be working well now.

Couple follow up questions…

I tried to add a new post, and when I went to preview the post, it took me to a 404 page. Is this related to the portfolio plugin issue I mentioned earlier?

Also, is there a way to…
    1.) Add my own custom icons
    2.) Change the background color of the icons? The color selections I made on the sample home page didn’t seem to take.
    3.) Change the font size of the icon titles and text (including adding a highlight, so the text shows up better on photo backgrounds). Is there a good CSS for this?

Thank you, again! 🙂 (I’m going to tackle the site move later. Seems a bit complicated for me.)
    –Heather

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey Heather,

You’re welcome, Hope I helped!

1) you can add images instead of Icons in the Icon box for example, but there is currently no way of adding icons
    2) This style (3) doesn’t support changing color, so I’ve patched up some CSS for that purpose

#aq-block-26 .offerImage {
    color: #46b501;
    }
    #aq-block-26 .offerTitle{
    color: #92d050;
    }
    #aq-block-26 .offerCircle:hover .offerTitle, #aq-block-26 .offerCircle:hover .offerImage{
    color: #fff;
    }

3) I am not sure what you have in mind, perhaps make the background the same as the icon/title on the text?
    Try this CSS and let me know 🙂

div#aq-block-26 ul li .offerText {
    background: rgb(236, 236, 236); padding: 15px;
    min-height: 100px;
    }

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Content Builder not working’ is closed to new replies.