CSS Errors (cont'd)Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
August 1, 2016 at 7:02 pm #9592
Guys, please stop closing threads before the customer said the issue is resolved. Now I can’t ask a simple question, “when the fixes will be released?”August 1, 2016 at 7:12 pm #9593
What fixes you are talking about ?, please you mention a thread that we closed and the issue wasn’t solved yet ?
ThanksAugust 1, 2016 at 7:19 pm #9594
The thread was “Lot’s of invalid CSS in pages affecting rendering” and the issues are the CSS issues mentioned in the thread.August 1, 2016 at 7:28 pm #9595
I don’t get what is the problem, I told you that we have done what we can for now and you replied “This is much better, thank you!”
1- Why do you want this thread to remain opened ?
2- “when the fixes will be released?” : It is already in V3.0 which is the version that you haveAugust 1, 2016 at 7:35 pm #9596
1) Because not ALL of the CSS errors have been fixed and I’d like to be able to keep track of the bugs. CriticalCSS.com still fails while parsing CSS on the website and there are CSS 176 parse errors on your website and there are 180 on mine.
2) I don’t know what’s going on with the versioning and Envato. When I download CF theme from Envato, this is the .hg_archival.txt in the zip. Latest tag is V2.6.0
bash-4.3$ cat .hg_archival.txt
The version I have right now has all the same errors (link below).August 1, 2016 at 7:41 pm #9601
And regardless of the version I have, this link to Creiden has 176 CSS parse errors inside of it:August 1, 2016 at 8:01 pm #9604
1- Can you open style.css file and tell me the version that is written inside it ? if it is version 3.0 then you are fine
2- Regarding 176 CSS parse errors: yes as i mentioned they are in the bootstrap file, it is not in our plan to fix it now, but soon
RegardsAugust 1, 2016 at 8:05 pm #9605
1) My style CSS says 3.0, but all the HG tags say 2.6.0.
2) Bootstrap contains most of the invalid CSS errors. Do you have an ETA for fixing them?August 1, 2016 at 8:09 pm #9607
1) we will delete the .hgtags and archival files, they shouldn’t be packaged in the theme folder that you have, this is only for the development on our repo
The main place that you should be checking this is the style.css comment
2) There is no exact time but We will do our bestAugust 2, 2016 at 7:05 pm #9623
Ok, I actually know what’s going on. The latest minified bootstrap 3.3.7 actually contains far fewer errors. Bootstrap used by CF theme is 2.0, which is very very old (4 years old), no longer supported and probably does not support current browsers. The remaining errors in bootstrap 3 are actually vetted and confirmed to be non-issue: https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/issues/18672
Maybe migration is in order? http://getbootstrap.com/migration/
The topic ‘CSS Errors (cont'd)’ is closed to new replies.