Custom Formatting Questions

• Custom Formatting Questions
    Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• Heather
    Participant

Hi Omar,

Thank you for your reply on Feb. 11! Your CSS worked, but I’ve since changed the design because it wasn’t exactly what I wanted.

I’m close to finishing, but I do have some (hopefully final) questions…

1.) Textslider – on my home page – is there a way to slow it down and/or allow the user to pause it when they hover over the box (like with the regular Revolution slider)? The text slides scroll too fast.

2.) Boxed Text – what is would the CSS be to custom color the container? (e.g., the Vision on my About Us page)

3.) Bullet text alignment – is there CSS to align all text, so that the second line of a bullet lines up with the first line, and not under the bullet?

4.) Mobile version, sticky header: The menu shows up as clear/see-through to the page. Is there any way to correct this? Do I have to select a background color, or something?

5.) Mobile version, text: the special indented headings I used on my first page (in script), don’t show well on mobile. Is there a way to customize this for mobile? I could replace the headings with photos, but it’s not ideal. ALSO – is there a way for the user to switch to “Reader view”?

6.) I added a plugin to expand/collapse text. It works great on my Springboard site, but not my Strategic Ascent site – it expands when clicking “Read more” but doesn’t collapse when clicking “show less.” Any ideas on how I can correct this? (I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that my WPsite is in a subdirectory [I was able to keep it there and do a redirect so it looks like it’s in the root]).

7.) Woocommerce Shop page – is there any way to customize the header and add a text introduction to the page, so it looks more like my theme? I found this info:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65MZmyWYtPY
    but modifying the archive-product.php in the circle-flip folder didn’t seem to do anything.

LASTLY…

8.) Is it okay for me to delete the old CircleFlip folder via FTP? I can leave it there, I just want to leave ftp directory to be clean.

Sorry for all of the questions! Thank you,
    –Heather

Amr Essam
    Keymaster

Hello Heather,

I am just letting you know that I am working on your questions and I will get back to you once done.
    Thanks for your patience.

Cheers

Amr Essam
    Keymaster

Good day Heather,

1- Unfortunately there is no option in this slider to pause it on hover. Let me know if you want to increase the time of the slide and tell me how many seconds do you want it to be.

2- Here is the CSS code to add into your theme options

.blockquote{
    background: #FFFFFF !important;
    }

This will change the background color of all text boxes around the site. If you wish to change it only in About us page, then use this

.page-id-15039 .blockquote {
    background: #FFFFFF !important;
    }

3- Here is the fix for this part only:

.page-id-15165 .aq-block h4 {
       text-align: left !important;
    }

4- We found a few lines of CSS code rendered in the home page and they are causing this problem. I don’t know the main source of those lines as they aren’t part of the theme and not inserted using Custom CSS in theme options. Please advise

5- I found that you build those titles using padding left which is usually not a good option for responsive issues. I suggest removing the padding applied to the title and use the Text editor to make the Main title aligned to right and the subtitle aligned to center.

6- Can you point to an example of the expand/collapse thing. I can’t find it.

7- I didn’t find Woocommerce plugin installed on your site. So, any changes won’t be reflected into your shop page unless you install Woocommerce plugin

8 – It’s better to have a local backup of it anyway. Download it then remove it from the server no problem.

Let me know if you have any further requests.
    Cheers

Heather
    Participant

Thank you, Amr! Your suggestions worked great. Thank you. 🙂 (questions #2,3,5,8)

In response to the open items:
    1-If you could (or tell me how to) up the timing to 10 seconds, that would be great!

4-Wow. I have no clue about this CSS. I had a different theme (Cake/Muffin group) uploaded before I replaced it with CircleFlip, and I did notice that there were leftover items from that theme. Not sure why they still remained there. I tried to completely delete all of it’s files. How can I get rid of that CSS?

6-The expand/collapse feature is on the About page, under Our Team in my bio. The plugin is called, “WP show more.”

7-Sorry! I realized that I failed to specify which website I was talking about. My other website: http://www.springboardps.com, contains the Woocommerce plugin, and the shop page is entitled “Elevate”

New- Forgot to ask last time… Is there a way I can speed up the font transition? When loading the page, it first goes to the default font and then visibly switches to my custom fonts.

Thank you! I know these are a lot of questions. I truly appreciate your assistance.
    –Heather

Amr Essam
    Keymaster

You’re welcome Heather, It’s my pleasure.

1- I will look into it and let you know when done.

4- I need FTP access so that I can check where this code is from. The credentials you already provided to Omar aren’t working anymore.

6- I investigated it and couldn’t find a theme issue that blocks the functionality from working. Can you please contact the plugin authors and check what may cause this problem, then let me know if they see something blocking it from the theme.

7- No worries, just provide admin panel credentials for this site as well so that I can check the issue

NEW- I would recommend using W3-Total Cache plugin. We are using this on our demo site and it speeds up the performance a lot.

Waiting for your reply.

Cheers

Heather
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Amr Essam
    Keymaster

Heather
    Participant

Hi Amr,

Thank you so much for fixing the mobile menu! :)))

I just created a new account on my http://www.springboardps.com site. You should have received an e-mail with the password.

Thank you, again! I appreciate your assistance.
    –Heather

Heather
    Participant

oo… one more thing… Do you have an update on increasing the timing for the text slider (from an earlier question)? Is there a way I can do that in one of the ftp files?

Thank you!

Amr Essam
    Keymaster

Hello Heather,

I tested the woo-commerce header issue locally and it worked fine, while it doesn’t work on your site although I made edits to the same file. Please provide FTP credentials to springboardps.com so that I can troubleshoot the issue further.

Did you customize any thing in this circle flip or woocommerce installation ?

For the text slider interval, I increase it to be 10 seconds. to edit this you need to edit 2 files
    home/wp-content/themes/circle-flip/js/the-bootstrap.min.js
    you’ll find 10000 at the end of the file, this represents 10 seconds.

home/wp-content/themes/circle-flip/scripts/modules/builder_text_slider.js
    you’ll find 10000 here as well, edit this.

Hope this helps.

Heather
    Participant

Amr Essam
    Keymaster

Hello Heather,

Sorry for being late. It took me a while to notice that the theme activated on springboardps.com is in directory circle-flip not circleflip.
    I tried editing archive-product.php and it was working fine and reflected on the Elevate page as follows:
    http://www.springboardps.com/services/elevate/
    You will see a subtitle added there. So I believe you can edit the file as you want to customize the header in Shop page.
    Just note that those changed might be lost if you updated the theme later on.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.
    Cheers

Heather
    Participant

Thank you, Amr.

Separate question… Sometimes when I go to my springboardps.com site, the images show up as weird characters. Once I refresh the browser page once or twice, then I see the correct images.
    Why does this happen?

Thank you.

Bishoy Melek

Hello Heather,

I tested your website , and could not find any problem with loading it . It would be great if you provided me with a screenshot for this issue .

Please don’t hesitate to ask me any further questions,
    Regards

Heather
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Custom Formatting Questions’ is closed to new replies.