deleting excess files, fix repeat image issue in header

• deleting excess files, fix repeat image issue in header
    Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• jesenia
    Participant

I’m trying to “trim the fat” so to speak on our website. It is running extremely slow. Here are the things I would like to do but am not sure how. My coding skills are beginner lvl, but I have access to the files on the ftp.

1) Delete widget php files or folders. We don’t use woocommerce, flickr or bb press. Is there a way to delete these files so servers won’t waste time rendering this information or whatever it is they do? I already deleted the plugins.

2) Since the slider revolution takes waaaayyyyy to much time to render, I am planning on removing it from all the product pages it is currently being used on. I would like to add just an image at the top, but the only option for that is by is by selecting “Page Title with image background”. Unfortunately there is no option for just an image alone (future suggestion) and adding a media image from the content builder does stretch across the entire top.

When “Page Title with image background” is selected and I choose an image, when it’s live it automatically repeats it so it looks terrible. Also it is set like 30 px below the main menu buttons.

Is there a way to make it so that the image doesn’t repeat? I see a reference to div class=”mainPageTitle ImageHeader” when I “inspect the element”, but when I’m looking at it in the main.css file I don’t see anything about repeating an image.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance. This is the website:
    http://www.cemtekinstruments.com

Mohamed Nabil

Hi Jesenia,

You don’t need to delete any files, that doesn’t have any effect on the speed, since the code will not execute on its own without being called/used. And we don’t call the code if you don’t use it.

I don’t think the low speed is the revolution issue, as I’ve mentioned to you on the other ticket most probably the speed issue is from the hosting server.

But if you decide to not use the revolution slider plugin, here is the fix for the title background repeat and margin

.mainPageTitle .colorContainer{
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        background-size: cover;
    }
    .mainPageTitleImage.mainPageTitle{
    margin-top:0px;
    }

Add these lines to Appearance > Theme options > General Settings > Advanced > Custom Css section

Thanks

jesenia
    Participant

Thank you Mohamed, I appreciate your help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.