Demo content and plugins crash my WP

• Demo content and plugins crash my WP
    Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• Beltran
    Participant

Hi there!
    This is my case:

I’ve installed the theme over three new installations of WP over three different servers. Also I’ve tried with the 1.1 version released today, july 15th.

The theme installation went ok.

Second I tried to install the required plugins.

First problem: Slider Revolution returns a fatal error during activation. I’ve noticed that if I change my language installation in my config.php file to default (empty) the plugin can be activated, but if I change the LANG to es_ES the installation of my WP crashes.

Second: Same with bbpress, after activation my admin panel crashes and becomes blank also.

Third: When trying to install the demo content the screen during the xml upload freezes. No pages, post, comment… anything… The screen where you select the post authors never comes up.

So I’m stuck at this point, can’t hardly start to work.

Any clues or solutions?

Thank you

Beltran
    Participant

I forgot to post the URL

http://fontaneros.org

If you want to take a look inside let me know.

Thanks again

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey Beltran,
    Thanks for your detailed post. Please provide us with WordPress Admin access, you could mail me at omar.elrouby@creiden.com or post a private reply here.

Cheers.

Beltran
    Participant

Good!
    You should receive an email with your user and password.
    Thank you!

Omar
    Keymaster

Dear Beltran,

Demo Content Uploaded, It seems that your server timed out every time we tried to upload the demo content, so the solution was to import each content type individually ( pages, post, portfolios).

Anyways Enjoy your new theme and don’t hesitate to contact us if you face anymore trouble.

Cheers

Beltran
    Participant

Oh really!
    I’ve tried in three different servers, very reliable ones…
    Well, thank you. I’ve seen the demo content on the site few hours ago! Nice!!

Another strange issues:

1. When I change my LANG in the config.php file to es_ES my installation crashes, goes blank, so I have the leave it by default (that’s a problem for my client, no english skills at all)

2. When the Revolution Slider is activated, if I go to Pages the browser does not load anything, it goes blank like before. I’ve deactivated it and installed Layer Slider and WP goes OK. ¿? Do the test if you want. The rest of the sections are working ok.

That’s all for today. Thanks again!

Beltran
    Participant

Another strange behaviour:

When I activate Contact Form 7 my pages section in my admin panel goes blank.
    With it deactivated everything becomes normal…

I’ve made some screenshots but I can’t find the way to upload them here.

Omar, I appreciate your work and help very much and your theme seems to be so nice, but this problems are going too far. It’s so hard working this way, I can barely rely on this theme. I’m thinking about change the theme and purchase another one. Am I going too far asking for a refound? My client does not understand this technical and unexpected problems and I’m afraid of further problems. Sorry.

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello Beltran,
    Sorry for all your troubles, we have added the One Click Demo installation with the update V 1.1
    Please update us on your issue after you try installing CirclFlip on a fresh WordPress installation and run the one click demo installation.

How To: one click installation http://docs.creiden.com/circleflip/installations/demo-content-installation/

Cheers.

Beltran
    Participant

Hi there Omar! Good news! I’m gonna try it right now. I’ll let you know as soon as I can. Thank you!

Beltran
    Participant

Hi Omar. Everything was going fine until I tried to run the One-click demo installation. The process asks for the bbpress and Woocommerce plugins, I don’t need them so I’d prefer not to install them. But ok, I’ll delete them later. I’ve installed the bbpress and my installation crashes. I tried both ways, through the required plugins menu and adding it through a search in the WP repository. None of them worked for me. Bbpress crashes the installation of WP, so I’m stuck again.
    I’m gonna try in a different server and I’ll let you know.

Beltran
    Participant

And again, when I change the language in the config.php, the installation crashes 🙁

Beltran
    Participant

Good news! The theme, plugins, demo content etc. are fully working on my server.
    So the problem with bbpress and languages must be on the client side. ¿?
    I’ll let you know if I get an idea of what’s going on there.
    Also the language issue is resolved.
    I’ve borrowed a couple of images from your live demo, just for a few of days, is that okey?
    (a background for the revolution and the iMac image)

Maybe the main problem is on the client server, not in the theme/plugins.
    I`m sorry for that… and thanks for the help!!

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey Beltran,
    Great to hear that, and we are here for you.
    Let us know how you’re website is going, we would like to showcase it someday.

Cheers

Beltran
    Participant

Hi Omar, thank you!

I have to tell you that I’ve installed another theme, a simpler one called Purity that I’ve used on other sites, just to test the client’s server and it has gone very smooth. No problem with Revolution or languages…
    Before that I’ve tried for a second time to install CircleFlip, from a fresh WP, with no luck.
    Fatal errors with Revolution and bbpress, and no demo content, of course… OMG so strange!

So I’m confused… If you have any ideas let me know.

My server with CircleFlip OK:
    http://lacasaestudio.com/jorge

My client’s server with a simpler WP theme working OK:
    http://www.fontaneros.org/

THANKS!!

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey Beltran,

I’ve just visited both websites and they both are running Circle Flip, I hope this means everything is working OK now.

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Demo content and plugins crash my WP’ is closed to new replies.