Demo Install plugins problem

• Demo Install plugins problem
    Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

• laptopleon
    Participant

I followed the instructions for installing this theme, plugins and Engineer demo.

However, it keeps asking activating the ‘revslider’ (which is also visible on the homepage as ‘[rev_slider alias=”engineer”) and also, the demo / site doesn’t look like it should: https://hydrausupport.com

How can I fix this?

Mohamed Nabil

Hello laptopleon,

Don’t worry, you can easily activate the revolution slider.
    If you go to WordPress plugins page you will find it, just press activate. Or go along with the notification that appears to you.

Then after you activate the plugin:
    Create a new slider with the name ‘engineer’, or any name you want but you will need to edit the block in the home page through the builder, and modify the shortcode [rev_slider alias=”engineer”] so that it match the alias name of your created slider.

Or if you want the exact slider used in the demo, let me know and i will send you the xml file, so that you can import it within the revolution slider.

Thanks

laptopleon
    Participant

Hi Mohamed, thanks for your reaction,

I’m sorry that I didn’t mention this before, but I can’t seem to activate the Revolution Slider. When I click ‘activate’, the page becomes empty (except for the Dashboard menu bar on the left and top).

(other plugins installed and activated fine)

I installed this theme on a different server two weeks ago, but that provider had a very problematic service, so I moved the domain name to a better hosting company. Can it be that the theme/slider is somehow linked to the old IP address and therefore the slider won’t install now, because it thinks it’s installed twice?

Mohamed Nabil

It should be working normally, Can you send me admin login in a private reply for further debugging ?

laptopleon
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Mohamed Nabil

laptopleon
    Participant

Mohamed Nabil

I found the issue, your PHP version was 7.1.1, so there was a conflict with the revolution slider, I updated the plugin to the latest version and it’s working fine now.

We will add the updated revolution plugin in Circleflip next version.

Also I’ve imported the slider used in the demo.

Cheers

laptopleon
    Participant

Thank you.

1) I didn’t see that one coming because I checked before posting, that the slider was updated to the latest version. On the Install Required Plugins page, the CircleFlip Portfolio Plugin is still mentioned, with Status ‘Installed but not Activated’. I assume that technically, this is a different plugin slider and this status will change once CircleFlip is updated?

2) A bigger concern it that, apart from the first, black part, the site still doesn’t look like the demo. A side-by-side comparison;

https://hydrausupport.com/mag-weg/1.png
    https://hydrausupport.com/mag-weg/2.png

Mohamed Nabil

1) Regarding the portfolio plugin, yes it’s installed because it’s developed by Creiden and it’s packaged with the theme, if you would like to use it just activate it, it’s disabled by default in case you don’t have portfolio.
    Portfolio is not related to the slider.

2) I see you mean the sections background images, they are easily editable through the page builder
    When you edit the column block you will find the background options, feel free to edit:

I have edited them now for you, and added the exact images used in the demo, feel free to edit.
    By the way we just import random background images in the demos, that’s why.

Thanks

laptopleon
    Participant

OK, thank you.

Sorry to bother you again but I have another question. When I activate the (Theme options) Maintenance page and I look at the site with a different browser that I am not logged in with, I still get to see the whole site.

I tried making a page called maintenance and filled out the url https://hydrausupport.com/maintenance/ in the maintenance preferences, but then the browser says “the site’s server for this address is forwarded in such a way that it will never end”. (sounds like a loop). What is the problem?

laptopleon
    Participant

By the way, for the moment I installed a plugin called ‘Minimal Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode’ to keep my client satisfied.

Mohamed Nabil

I am checking it now, do you mind if i disable it for a few minutes ?

laptopleon
    Participant

No, I don’t mind, go ahead.

Mohamed Nabil

Okay, it’s working now
    The reason it didn’t work because:

1.You weren’t choosing template Maintenance for the maintenance page you have created:

2.The link you added in the theme options was the about us page

Check it now, and feel free to edit it’s content through the theme options
    Let me know if you need further help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.