Error Revolution slider

• Error Revolution slider
    Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Tom
    Participant

Hi!

When trying to activate the Revolution Slider plugin, I get the following error:

Error thrown

[] operator not supported for strings

Is there a way to solve this?

Kind regards and thx in advance!

Tom

Mohamed Nabil

Hello Tom,

Could you please send your admin credentials in a private reply? And we will check it.

Thanks

Tom
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Mohamed Nabil

Hi Tom,

Check it now and let me know if you need further help.
    The fix I’ve applied: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-7-0-14-to-7-1-1-operator-not-supported-for-strings/#post-8880204

Cheers

Tom
    Participant

Thank you very much for the fast help!

I don’t really understand much of the link, I have to be honest. But could you perhaps explain in easy terms what you’ve done? The plugin is active but it’s also still inactive?

Mohamed Nabil

Sure no problem.
    Well mainly the issue happened because your PHP Version is 7.1.11, and there was conflict with the revolution slider code.
    So the fix they suggested on their forum was to edit line 21 in revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php
    and change it from
    private static $arrMetaBoxes = '';
    to
    private static $arrMetaBoxes = array();

Have you tried creating new slider from here?
    What do you mean by “it’s still inactive”?

Tom
    Participant

Yes. I made a slider. It works perfectly. I was just wondering. It is active but at the same time it also gives this message:

“Activate Slider Revolution for Premium Benefits (e.g. Live Updates).”

Also, as a side question. Since you changed it, I got this message from WordPress:

“Please add this site to your MainWP Dashboard NOW or deactivate the MainWP Child plugin until you are ready to do so to avoid unexpected security issues.”

Is this related to the change you made? Or should I find the cause somewhere else.

Thank you again for the help!

Mohamed Nabil

Ah i got what you mean. Well what the plugin means by “Activate Slider Revolution” is to a add the activation key if you’ve purchased Revolution slider separately for support and auto updates purposes. But you don’t need to do so, since it’s bundled with Circleflip.

Regarding the MainWP notice. It appeared after i disabled/enabled “MainWP Child” plugin.
    When I was debugging your issue, I first took a list of your activated plugins, and deactivated them to make sure no conflict between the Revolution slider and the other plugins is the cause of the issue. Then I activated that list again after the issue was fixed.
    So deactivating then activating it is the cause for that notice. It’s just configuration you need to do.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.