Flip Mag Template

• Flip Mag Template
    Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• Omar
    Keymaster

About the Mobile view, can you please provide some screen shots for both views pointing out the differences. Please also include the browser version.

Regards.

raulferrer
    Participant

Thanks Omar for the help I manage to fix the mobile problem.

One last request. Look at my blog area and a post (http://nucareerboost.com/articles/), can you tell me how can I make the text to be as the width of the picture? In the pages I have no problem since I use the column option to arrange things in the post I have to use some code, right?

Thanks again.

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello Raul,

Please provide temporary admin access to your WordPress installation to check this for you, you have your website on maintenance mode and I can’t view without logging in.

Regards

raulferrer
    Participant

Omar

Sorry for the maintenance front end.

I just created an omar user for you and the email for the user used is support@creiden.com.

The user and password info was sent to that email, please let me know one you have accessed the site.

Thanks,

Raúl

raulferrer
    Participant

Omar

When you login, please take into consideration the following:

1. How can I have the picture to be always 595×285?
    2. The post text should be within the 595px of the image.

If you look at the about page, I am trying to obtain that structure, but still I cannot achieve the 1 inch white left margin from the image. For the text I manage to use the tabs inside the content block, but still need to have the text limited to the width of the image to have an even column structure. And in the other pages, other than the home page, the side bar should be as in the about page width. In other words I want to have all pages with that defined structure and also the blog post page resulting with that structure display.

After this I think we are done. 🙂

Thanks in advance,

Raul

raulferrer
    Participant

Omar

For my last reply the picture that I am referring is the picture in the blog post. Also the Articles page is the blog post page and that one needs to follow the post format of the custom code I have inserted:

p.nupost {
    line-height: 165%;
    max-width: 595px;
    font: font: 16px helvetica, sans-serif;
    }

1. Why is that when you select a post, letters appear small and then are set to the custom font size?
    2. Can the magazine post block preview in the home page can be longer?

Regards,
    Raul

raulferrer
    Participant

Omar

Where you able to login?

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello Raul,

sorry for the late reply, I have received your email and was able to log in,

In reply to your mentioned points:

1. How can I have the picture to be always 595×285?
    I have set the responsive sizes to custom so now all sizes will be 595×285 except for the mobile version which will be adjusted to screen.

2. The post text should be within the 595px of the image.
    Your text is too big, you can either size it down, or like I did, set to to align in center (there will be a line break as you see)
    *** if you wish to remove the text-align and down size, go to the base slider template and edit the style of the layer, select the advanced editor tab and remove the text-align:center; at the bottom.

3-For the about Image
    This was only achievable through Custom CSS, you’ve added the width of 1/12 to the text, and the minimum divider width is 2/12.
    *** if you wish to remove the custom CSS you’ll find it on the Custom CSS panel under #nucareer_about_image

4-The width:
    Although this changes the structure of CircleFlip but I minimized modifications as follows;
    Applied the following CSS rules through the Custom CSS panel
    @media (min-width: 980px){
    .postText p {
    width: 584px;
    }
    .postBlog1 .postImage img{
    }
    body .postBlog1 .postDetails {
    }
    body .postBlog1 {
    width: 750px;
    }
    }
    **** Note the media screen, this for not messing with the responsive structure, meaning all those edits will be only on the full screen version.

Files Edit:
    themes/circleflip/templates/template-blog.php

line: 107 <div class=” span9 <?php echo $another_position;?> withSidebar”>
    with <div class=” span8 <?php echo $another_position;?> withSidebar”>
    and line: 122 <section class=”span3″>
    with <section class=”span4″>
    So keep those changes in mind when you update the theme next time, as the Custom CSS will not be lost, while this file will be updated.

themes/circleflip/single.php
    line: 40 <section class=” span9 <?php echo $another_position; ?> withSidebar”>
    with <div class=” span8 <?php echo $another_position;?> withSidebar”>
    and line: <section class=”span3″>
    with <section class=”span4″>

5- Fonts rendered slow:
    All changes applied through the Custom CSS panel are in fact inserted on the index page, how fast it is rendered depends on browser. you can help get fonts and other elements slightly faster by minimizing the custom css, adding in all in one single line.

6- and lastly
    You will need to edit a file for this, I can’t access that file without FTP, anyway you can easily locate
    themes/circleflip/creiden-framework/content-builder/blocks/cr-post-block.php
    find line 1255: $mag_post_text = circleflip_string_limit_characters($original_text,’90’);
    change that ’90’ to any number of characters you want to trim the preview to.

Hope you find all the edits are what you needed 🙂
    Please feel free to rate Circle Flip on Theme Forest.

Cheers.

raulferrer
    Participant

Omar

You are the best!

I have rate it already. We will keep in contact.

Regards,

Raúl

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Flip Mag Template’ is closed to new replies.