Footer Widget Area WPML

Tagged: ,

• Footer Widget Area WPML
    Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

• Cedric
    Participant

Hi Omar,

I am about to finish the translation of my site into French. So far, Circleflip is doing well with WPML plugin. So great work.

That said, I can’t see how I can set translations for the Footer Widget Area, can you please tell me how I can do ?

Many thanks

Cédric

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello Cedric,

Good question, thanks for bringing that up
    You will need to use Widget Logic Plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-logic/

You don’t really translate the widgets, instead you add another widget to the Footer Widget Area, with the translated info. and give it a logic.

How To:
    Install widget logic plugin from https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-logic/
    Duplicate your widgets in the Footer Widget Area “If you have 4 widgets and are setting for English and French languages you would have a total of 8 widgets now, 4 in English and 4 in French”
    Set the widget logic to ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == ‘en’ and ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == ‘fr’ for their respective widgets

Example screen shot (using English and Arabic)
    http://goo.gl/lXAJr3

Cheers.

Cedric
    Participant

Thank you very much Omar. It works very well.

Thanks

Cédric

Cedric
    Participant

Hi Omar,

Quick question regarding multilingual :
    How do I set the French Home Page as the English one (static instead of Latest posts) ?

Thank you !

Cédric

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello Cedric,

There is actually no setting for this.
    You should have each language show the same page (only translated)

I would be glad to take a look for you, are you still using the same installation? please update.

Regards.

Cedric
    Participant

Hi Omar

The configuration hasn’t changed, settings are the same.

You can use the same codes I gave you last time.

Thank you.

Cheers

Cédric

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello Cedric,

It a 301 re-direct added through your Redirection plugin.
    Please remove the redirect, under Group: Modified Posts for /fr/ to /fr/web-summit-de-dublin-web-geo-services-prend-laccent-irlandais/

You can find this at Plugins >> Redirection >> Settings
    Select Group: Modified Posts
    and remove the /fr/ redirect

Cheers.

Cedric
    Participant

Thank you very much Omar,

It is strange, as I didn’t create this Group, I would never think about this.

Many thanks for your help !

French version should be released by end of this week.

Cédric

Omar
    Keymaster

Great Cedric,

Let us know when you publish it, I’ll keep this post open for you to notify us so that we could check it out.

Cheers.

Cedric
    Participant

Hello Omar,

The site is live in French, but please do not spread the world yet;o)

Is there any reason both French & English flags are displayed only for the Blog ?

Do you know how I can get the English flag when user see the French version and vice versa ? (Like you did for the demo with Egyptian) ?

EDIT : by the way, WPML is not able to find “MO file” in /wp-content/themes/circleflip Can you help ?

Thank you

Cédric

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey Cedric,

About removing the active language’s flag, you couldn’t find an option for this because strangely WPML doesn’t have this as a feature.
    I have added the necessary custom css to hide the flag using:

li.menu-item.menu-item-language.menu-item-language-current a[href=”#”]{
    display: none;
    }

loading the .mo file needed to define the translation domain name which was “circleflip”
    **Please share the French .mo if you feel like, it would surely help other users.

you now have the flag displayed on every page, except now it will not show on the blog, we’re still working on it, and will update you as soon as we fix it.

Regards

Cedric
    Participant

Hey Omar,

>you now have the flag displayed on every page, except now it will not show on the blog, we’re still working on it, and will >update you as soon as we fix it.
    That’s exactly what I wanted !! Great ! Thank you.

Where should I upload the French version of the .Mo file ?
    Of course I will be happy to share the French version with other CircleFlip users.

Cheers

Cédric

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey Cedric,

Just to confirm, you wan it show on the blog also? or should we leave it showing on all pages and not on blog?
    You can upload your .mo file to themes/circleflip/lang
    Let us know if it doesn’t work or you face any issues.

Cheers.

Cedric
    Participant

If I can get the same behaviour for the blog as for the rest of the site, it would be wicked.

Thank you for your answer, I will let you know when I am done with French translation.

cheers

Cédric

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey Cedric,

This proved to be tricker than it looks like, we’re still working on it, just wanted to keep you posted.

Cheers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Footer Widget Area WPML’ is closed to new replies.