Header background image and menu positioning

Tagged: 

• Header background image and menu positioning
    Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• kallabungo
    Participant

E-mail received in response to my request from support

Hello Stuart,

Thank you for choosing CircleFlip and thanks for the heads up regarding the 404 links.
    Please try again now and you should find it working 🙂

Please create a topic with the above email and include WP admin credentials and we’ll do our best to give you the desired outcome

Cheers

kallabungo
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello Stuart,

Thanks for the comment, and we’ll try to add more features as we go.
    I believe the closest match to what you described for the header is using the Header Builder
    adding 2 rows
    the first row, will be a logo, which you will create to be full width with 2 parts in one image (logo and graphic)
    the second row, will be a spacer, with the width of the logo part of the graphic, and then a menu

This won’t be a perfect solution, and I believe might be problematic in responsive views…

If that header is really important, please let us know over email and we can offer to create that specific header as a custom job.

Cheers

kallabungo
    Participant

Hi Omar and thanks for the reply.

I’ve created a header graphic and the 2 rows as suggested but it’s not really displaying very well. The header graphic seems to have a large margin from the left side of the page, it needs moving left about 300px or so, then there is also the padding between the 2 rows causing an unsightly white gap.

I think I’ve followed your instructions right?

Thank you.

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello Stuart,

Seems you’ve made it very great, I see you must have worked out the white gap and the padding, right?
    Let me know what’s still missing, and since the graphic on the right is surrounded by white space, and not a full width graphic, I suggest you separate it from the logo with an ad block, something like http://themes.creiden.com/circleflip/header-top-menu/

Please let me know if there something I could help with

Great Work!

kallabungo
    Participant

Good morning Omar,

Thank you, I’ve played around with a few different styling options and so far it seems acceptable. I’m still not sure if we’ll stick with the yellow and blue row colours or switch them back to a dark grey but it’s looking better.

Firstly, why do you suggest turning the slogan part of the image into an ad block? Currently it displays properly on desktop, laptop and mobile. Other than it dropping down as a sub header type style in the example you showed me I don’t see any benefit? I do need to resize the rev slider for mobile though.

Unfortunately I did not manage to correct the padding which is why my whole logo and slogan graphic has a white background.

The example header I showed you I can only come close to. The menu row background colour stretches full width with no options of controlling the container size and only default positions of left, center and right so I was unable to get much closer.

Your software is awesome, it makes really nice sites with ease but I do feel the header builder could definitely do with a few more options to really make this the best theme available.

Background image option.
    Background image container options.
    Ability to control the size of the rows in height and width.
    Ability to overlay row with opacity options on background colour or image.
    Text size, colour and highlight options for rows.
    Padding options for rows.

With those additions and the menu plugins that are available you should be able to create just about anything you want. I know that’s a lot easier said than done but the suggestions are there for you.

Thanks for your help so far, Stuart.

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey Sturat,

Sorry for not being able to respond earlier.

Your feedback is much appreciated, and I will do my best to push those exact features into an update.

Thanks for your time writing this

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Header background image and menu positioning’ is closed to new replies.