Header menu

• Header menu
    Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Apprique
    Participant

If you need to display a header menu, above the regular menu, you can create a plugin with the following code as a quick-and-dirty solution:

/*
    Plugin Name: Add Header Menu to CircleFlip 
    Description: Add Header Menu to CircleFlip 
    Version: .1
    Author: You
    */

function add_header_menu_to_circleflip () {
    ?>
    	 <div <?php circleflip_navbar_class(); ?> style="float:right;">
    		<div class="container">
    			<!-- .btn-navbar is used as the toggle for collapsed navbar content -->

<span class="icon-menu"></span>

<div class="nav-collapse navCollapse nav-collapse-right">
    				<?php
    			wp_nav_menu( array(
    				'theme_location'	=>	'header-menu',
    				'menu_class'		=>	'nav right',
    				'depth'				=>	1,
    				'fallback_cb'		=>	false,
    				'walker'			=>	new Circleflip_Nav_Walker,
    			) );
    			?>
    			 </div>
    		</div>
    	</div>
    <?php
    }

add_action('tha_header_top_right','add_header_menu_to_circleflip',99);

?>

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey apprique,

Thanks for sharing, but are you trying to add another menu on the top red bar?
    If so, you can add one using CF itself which you are currently using to add lang switchers.

Regards.

Apprique
    Participant

I asked a question on how to add the top menu before and you reported that it would be added in a next version of the theme. I have found references the the menu in your code (for example in the Options.php file), but these options itself are invisible in the Header Settings menu where I would expect them. Similar settings are also not visible in the Footer settings menu.

Apprique
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey apprique,

Yes we had this planned in the designs, you should have been able to choose what to show where, but along the way we decided that the way we did it was wrong, so we decided to build the headers from scratch and its currently in the testing phase and should be updated within the upcoming 10 days, the new feature will include a Header Builder, where you will have 100% customized headers with as many rows and sections as you need.

I must say I like your topics, you’re are a great user sir 😀

Thanks.

Apprique
    Participant

Thanks. I guess in the final solution you will offer the different parts (contact, social links) as separate functions that can be added to menus in the default way WordPress offers this functionality (similar to how the language chooser on my site is added to a menu)? That way a user can add all of them to menus and choose the order, using the standard WP interface.

So Should I wait for a solution and use the quick-and-dirty plugin above for the coming 10 days, or is there another way you described above, which I did not fully understand?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.