Home page

Tagged: , ,

• Home page
    Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• silasol
    Participant

Hi Omar,

I have some questions, I hope you can help me with that

1. I am having problems with my homepage. I started editing home layout 1 and I added block from other pages i already create using the import blocks solution you have. The thing is that when I update the page, this blocks are gone. I tried creating a new page doing the same and it looks like there is a maximum of blocks that can’t allow more blocs, am I right? or why is this happening? I want to add more info in one page and everytime I create a column when I save the page it’s gone… so frustrating! Can you help me with that?

2. Another problem also I have with this page is with the slider, if I choose the elastic one I only can see a black space and a “loading” message in the middle. IF I change it to Nivo, the height of the image is too big, is there any normal sizes for the fotos to fit properly on the slider? Is there any option where the fit is automatic, like it happens on the gallery?

3. Last question is that I have the Header with menu beside the logo and I can see it properly on my pc but in some others the appearance it’s like the simple centered menu and logo where the menu is down the logo, leaving me a lot of space. How can I fix that and that the appearance will be the same no matter which computer you have?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello silasol,

1- For the blocks, there is no limit, but some servers limit the $POST requests by a page, which in simple means you can’t add more blocks, to be able to do so, please contact your server admin and ask them to increase the max_input_vars value in the php.ini file to over 1000, I suggest adding another zero making it 10000.

2- 3- Can you please provide WP admin access and FTP access so that I could check this more.

silasol
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Mohamed Nabil

Hi silasol,

Regarding point 2-
    It’s now working, “the elastic slider” problem was that you’ve added an empty slide. i just added an image to the 3rd slide.
    And for “Nivo slider” yes the images appear with the normal height of image, so if you want to use i advice you to add images of size 1350×400

Regarding point 3-
    do you mean it appears like this image? : https://db.tt/4uGzPwUN

Cheers

silasol
    Participant

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for your reply, I will adapt all the sliders now!

3. Yes, on my pc it looks like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmkjuaggm82klr6/menu.png and depends on the explorer I use you see the home like the pic you send me, is there any option where you can see it the same no matter which browser are you using?

Thanks a lot!

Mohamed Nabil

Hi,

Great 🙂 we have also noticed a problem in the remove slide, it’s fixed and will be available in the coming update today.

3. Actually, We are applying the style in this screenshot to devices’ width range between (980px and 1200px), because if some users added many menu items that fit in normal window size (bigger than 1200px) will not fit in smaller screens.
    That’s why you see it different on other devices of smaller width.
    So, if you want to change it to be the same in both widths (between 980px – 1200px) and (bigger than 1200) tell me and will do it for you.

Cheers

silasol
    Participant

Hi Mohamed,

I,ve almost finished my website but still I am experiencing problems with the different devices. Chrome and Firefox are working well but with Explorer:

1. The first blue line with the social media icons and email it doesn’t show anymore.
    2. Even using the same computer but different explorer with Internet Explorer the size of the typo it’s smaller than in Chrome and Firefox.
    3. The social media icons on the circle of the Team members are blanks in a white hole. It’s not working the effect.
    4. The blue colors on the emails of the team, footer, headings and titles dont have the proper colour.

Also in other devices, with Explorer as well, sliders are not working well and still the logo is at the top in the middle followed by the menu down on it, not besides as it’s supposed to be. Can you fix this to appear everywhere the same? or how can I fix this?

Thanks a lot! I don’t know why is not working on Internet Explorer because on the others browsers it looks amazing, hope you can help me.

Cheers!

silasol
    Participant

Hi Mohamed,

I didn’t receive any reply about the problem of the browsers i have with your theme. I just add another slide on the elastic slide and now is “loading” again… I will try to adapt sizes to the pics and try nivo slider, but can you have a look if you could fix elastic slide please? don’t know why now is this happening and I am afraid everytime I will change those images I have the same problem.

Thanks

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey silasol,

Sorry for such a late reply.

Can you please update Circle Flip to Version 1.4 some fixes were applied in the update
    After you update, may you provide us with any bugs found and on which version of IE

Thanks.

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey again,

Further investigation for this problem showed that IE 9.0 doesn’t take into consideration the style.php file which is used to change the theme color, that is why you were un-able to see anything that is basically colored with the theme color “blue” we are working on this now and will update you shortly.

Regards.

silasol
    Participant

Hi Omar, I already updated the last version last week as you or mohamed told me to do it. Just want to be sure that is working in all browsers my website as you can understand well.

Will wait for your feedback.

Thanks!

silasol
    Participant

Omar, sorry, just saw on WP that I have v.1.33 but I uploaded the theme I downloaded on themeforest again. If I delete the actual theme and upload the new one Will I lose all that I,ve done? How can I do it? I used to do it on filezila.

Thanks

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey silasol,

Yes you can use FileZilla and no content or settings will be lost, just replace all old files with new files.
    Update on the IE 9 problem: it is a bit complicated working with IE but I will update you soon enough 🙂

Cheers.

silasol
    Participant

Ok, done! V. 4.0 updated thanks omar!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Home page’ is closed to new replies.