Import/Export page not working

• Import/Export page not working
    Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Mario Puglisi
    Participant

Hi there,

We are using your template “Circle Flip” and need to export several pages to a new wordpress installation (Page replacement). The thing is, we already installed the latest version of the template but when trying to import the building blocks and clicking “done” it doesn’t import anything.

Is there some kind of bug about this feature?

Thank you for all the help you can provide in this matter.

Have an excellent day!

Mario Puglisi
    Participant

In addition to this error, every page i create (including demo pages, excepting the frontpage) throws a 404 Page not found error.

I don’t know why this template is making this errors in the new installation. Please help!

Mario Puglisi
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Amr Essam
    Keymaster

Hello Mario,
    Thanks for using Circle Flip,

I tried to login to investigate the issue but the credentials you provided aren’t working. Please make sure of them and reply back to me.
    Also, can you provide some links of the pages you mentioned? so that I can check them directly.

Thanks a lot

Mario Puglisi
    Participant

Amr Essam
    Keymaster

Hi Mario,
    You are welcome, It’s my pleasure to help you

For the website, I logged in successfully. At first the problem was happening yes. I visited the Settings -> Permalinks and just saved the settings without changing them. Sometimes WordPress needs to re-consider the pages links. the problem disappeared now as I see. I created a new page and added it to the menu and made sure it works. I removed all of this no worries.

Please make sure that the 404 issue is resolved now.
    For the website speed, I guess it’s a hosting problem. It’s working normally on our demo and other demos we see from our clients. Maybe you’ll need to upgrade the hosting plan or pick another host. There are many WordPress hosts that are both powerful and with good prices. Mediatemple and WPengine are good ones.

Let me know if you need anything further.

Mario Puglisi
    Participant

Hi there Amr,

Did you see the problem with the import/export feature of the page builder??

Amr Essam
    Keymaster

Yes, I tried to import a page I have here (Look for a page named Imported Magazine), and it worked normally. Would you please try again and if it occurred then I will need to take a look at what are you importing.

Mario Puglisi
    Participant

Well.. it still failing… maybe its because the page im trying to import is from a previous version of the theme?? If you need i could send you a file containing the code generated by the exporter of the page builder.

Amr Essam
    Keymaster

That’s would be helpful. Please send it to support@creiden.com and I will investigate this issue and get back to you.

Cheers

Mario Puglisi
    Participant

Email sent with the attachment. I hope it is something easy to fix. Thank you very much for all the help.

Amr Essam
    Keymaster

Thanks Mario for sending the file.

Yes, the problem is because of different versions. At some point we enhanced the import/export module performance. You have now 2 options, either update the old website and export normally after that. Or, use the theme version from the old website in the new website and then update it when you are done (this is more safe than updating the old live website)

Cheers

Mario Puglisi
    Participant

Amr Essam
    Keymaster
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Import/Export page not working’ is closed to new replies.