Is it possible to add a widget to a header?

Tagged: ,

• Is it possible to add a widget to a header?
    Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• heather
    Participant

I’m trying to use the header row to add an accessibility widget that will allow users to increase the font size if they need to. What I would like is to have a smaller header area at the top of my site with the accessibility widget on the left and then a simple menu on the right. Underneath that there will be a larger area with the menu and the main menu. I’m unsure how I can add a widget to the header however.

Thanks.

Bassam Tarek
    Keymaster

Hi Heather,

Currently there is no way to add widgets to the header builder, you can search for a plugin that provides the functionality of scaling the fonts of the site via popup or something

Best Regards

heather
    Participant

I don’t think anything like that exists. What about adding php code with the text block. Would that work?

Thanks

heather
    Participant

Or is there a way that I can use shortcodes in the header? I’m using a child theme, so we could add the functionality that way. Would the best thing to create a new block that allows shorcodes? Perhaps by copying header-text-block.php and adding <?php echo do_shortcode(“[shortcode]”); ?> after line 68?

Thoughts?

Bassam Tarek
    Keymaster

Hi Heather,

The shortcode will work, feel free to add it in a child theme

Best Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to add a widget to a header?’ is closed to new replies.