Placing anchors on an image

Tagged: 

• Placing anchors on an image
    Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• rllovell15
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to place multiple anchors on an image that would scroll down the page to a specific spot that correlates with the an area of the image.

For example,

I have a page that has a chart of different horse feeds and as you scroll down is more information on each individual feed. I would like to place an anchor on the image of the chart that is clickable and will take you down the page to that specific feed. I have placed a link below to one of the pages so you can get a visual for what I am trying to do. (Example if you open page) be able to click “Performance 12” and page will scroll down to the details of “Performance 12” on that page.

Any advice as to if this possible and if so, how it can be done, would be terrific.

Thanks,
    Leuke

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello Leuke,

Thanks for a terrific question.
    Please let me know which block you’re using for the images on those ‘charts’ *couldn’t find the link you mentioned*

Assuming it’s an ‘Image Block’
    you can add the anchor to be the id of the target block/section

for example:
    my destination block would be a ‘column’ with the feed info inserted in the form of several blocks
    first: give the destination ‘column’ the ID of ‘horse-organic-feed’ or something like it
    and in my source block, the ‘image’ I would type in the ‘link’ field #horse-organic-feed

That would be it 🙂
    In case the info was in another page, and I want the user to scroll to that info, the link would be
    http://mydomain.com/link-to-other-page/#horse-organic-feed

this is similar to setting a one page website, check http://docs.creiden.com/circleflip/one-page-website/

Hope this helps
    Cheers

rllovell15
    Participant

Omar,

Thank you very much for your help, this information was helpful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Placing anchors on an image’ is closed to new replies.