Tagged: MultilingualPress bbpress
plugins cannot be installViewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
July 31, 2017 at 11:15 am #11473
Ok awissam we got what you mean, but first we have been struggling creating another site in your WordPress using the wp-multisite due to configuration problems for the wp-multisite on iis server.
So you need to contact your host support and ask them to give you the web.config file for your WordPress multisite installation.
Once the multisite is working, I will do the rest for you.
ThanksAugust 1, 2017 at 12:53 pm #11474
I do not know why we do not understand each other.
I will ask a few questions to be able to decide what I do after:
– does the multi-site plugin respond to my request? I mean having a flag switcher on my site and to be able to translate my pages manually
– does the fact of having used as it now (multisite) changes something for my site administration? Changes something for the customers?
– if I keep it as it is now, can I install other plugin for Multilanguage purpose?
thanksAugust 1, 2017 at 3:15 pm #11475
I got what you mean, there is no misunderstanding!
In order to do you requests, your site has to be multisite.
Responding to your questions:
1. Yes it responds to your requests, and you should have the multisite to do this.
2. It won’t affect anything for the customers, except the website URL will be http://www.jamhourendowment.org/fr for the french version. Each site(English & French) will have it’s own admin panel for editing it’s content separately, knowing that the content will be connected. You can read more about how wp-multisite works if you are interested.
3. Now you only have 1 site, so you decide either to be EN/FR.
The main problem at your site is that your server “windows server” refuses to be a multisite which prevents us from adding multilingual plugin, So what we propose is to contact your host support and ask them to activate the multisite from their end, we believe that this is the fastest solution
ThanksAugust 1, 2017 at 5:54 pm #11476
thank you sir
1. if i want my default language to be FRENCH, and i dont’ want to have /fr form my default language, it is possible?
regarding the issue of windows server, I didn’t well understand: actually all if fine, and it i working, why you ask me to contact goDaddy and activate the multisite? it is already activate it, no?
thx for your helpAugust 1, 2017 at 6:26 pm #11477
If you want the default website to be French, yea this is possible, and the English version will be /en or whatever URL you prefer.
No, the multisite is not working right now, the plugin is only activated, but i am not able to create a new working one.
If you take a look here: http://www.jamhourendowment.org/wp-admin/network/sites.php
You can see that I have created a new site but when i try to visit it, it’s 404. And that’s the issue, the new website is detected as a broken(not found) page.August 1, 2017 at 6:52 pm #11478
i can give you the file wp-config.php, i have the access
is that all what you need?August 1, 2017 at 7:02 pm #11479
No need, you have already provided the ftp access, that gave us access to the wp-config.php.
We tried the required setup here: http://www.jamhourendowment.org/wp-admin/network/setup.php
But it didn’t work, and we have tried some proposed solutions after searching the issue, and none has worked, that’s why we need the host support to give us the correct configuration for the multisite.August 2, 2017 at 10:48 am #11484
that’s what the support told me today:
as I checked this is something needs to be reviewed by you as template and plugin cannot be supported by us,
As they are of third party.
You need to check with the coding
As I checked with my team, we cannot help you on third party plugins and templates.You need to check with your plugin and template provider.
WHAT shall I do now ???August 2, 2017 at 7:29 pm #11486
Hmmm, is it possible to provide us the login to your host in a private reply? we need to check the settings.
By the way, the issue is server configuration related not the theme, but we will do our best to make your website running as you expect.August 2, 2017 at 7:50 pm #11488
No problem 🙂 we are here to help
Is it godaddy? because we tried and “Authentication failed. You entered an incorrect username or password.”
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.