Portfolio-Cats empty on page load

• Portfolio-Cats empty on page load
    Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• michael48769
    Participant

1.) When I open a portfolio category to view all the posts in this category, the category is empty??? The posts are not shown. I first have to click on the category again to have all the posts displayed. You can see this behaviour on your site too: http://themes.creiden.com/circleflip/builder-demo/circleflip-portfolio-cats/audio/
    2.) Please give me hint, how I can change the layout of this portfolio category listings. Thanks.

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey Michael,

Thank for your feedback!
    Please edit the file circleflip/templates/template-portfolio.php
    and find the line 115

<li data-dimension="category" d ata-filter=".category-<?php echo esc_attr($category->term_id) ?>">

and change it be

<li data-dimension="category" d ata-filter=".category-<?php echo esc_attr($category->term_id) ?>" class="<?php echo strtolower(esc_html($category->name)) ?>">

And add the following to the Custom Code panel at Theme Options >> General >> Advanced >> Custom Code

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery.document.ready(function(){
    var miclocation = window.location.href;
    if (miclocation.indexOf('portfolio-cat') != -1) {
    var micisportfolio = miclocation.indexOf('portfolio-cats');
    var miclocationlength = window.location.href.length;
    var miccat = window.location.href.substring(micisportfolio+15, miclocationlength-1);
    jQuery("#circleflip-filters li."+ miccat +"").click()
    };
    });
    </script>

Let me know how it goes, and let me know if you want me to log in and add those edits for you

Cheers

michael48769
    Participant

Omar, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it doesn’t work. I’m sorry. Did you test this code on your demo-site (http://themes.creiden.com/circleflip/builder-demo/circleflip-portfolio-cats/audio/)? It seems, that it still doesn’t work on your site too??? The category links on the portfolio category page doesn’t work at all, when I add the class on line 115 in the template-portfolio.php file. Is this a bug on your side or is this something I’m doing wrong? I think it is a bug because you can see the same issue on your demo-page.

michael48769
    Participant

Hi, I’ve got it working. You had a little mistake in your js-code. With “jQuery(document).ready(function(){” in the first line it should work. Thank you very much for your help and your code!!!

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey Michael,

You’re right!
    I’ve missed the document.ready indeed, sorry for that.
    And yes it’s a bug on our side and we’ll include the fix on our next update 🙂

Thanks again for your cooperation.
    Please let us know if you face anything else.

Cheers

michael48769
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

michael48769
    Participant

As I told you in the private Post the bug is still there but I think I found a fix. You have to check this out. It seems to work for me. You don’t have to change the “circleflip/templates/template-portfolio.php” file nor you have to add the code to the Custom Code panel. I changed the file: /circleflip/inc/cpt/portfolio/js/front.js

The two lines with the “circleflipMixitupConfig”-object I commented out (should be line 9 + 10). I haven’t found any class definition of this object? And at the end (after line 43) I added this code:

var miclocation = window.location.href;
    if (miclocation.indexOf(‘portfolio-cats’) != -1 || miclocation.indexOf(‘portfolio-tags’) != -1) {
    if(miclocation.indexOf(‘portfolio-cats’) != -1) var micisportfolio = miclocation.indexOf(‘portfolio-cats’);
    else var micisportfolio = miclocation.indexOf(‘portfolio-tags’);
    var miclocationlength = window.location.href.length;
    var miccat = window.location.href.substring(micisportfolio+15, miclocationlength-1);
    var $this = $( “#circleflip-filters li.”+ miccat +”” );
    filters.removeClass( ‘active’ );
    $this.addClass( ‘active’ );
    container.isotope( {filter: $this.data( ‘filter’ )} );
    }

Let me know, if this solution is practicable.

I spent too much time with your theme… I thought it would be easier to customize and I haven’t expected to remove bugs. I’ve bought it, because I wanted to save time. I have another issue, I will post later or tomorrow. Thanks again.

michael48769
    Participant

Sorry I made a little mistake. Your changes in the file circleflip/templates/template-portfolio.php we still need, together with the changes in file /circleflip/inc/cpt/portfolio/js/front.js as described. Sorry for this confusion!

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello Michael

I apologize for the time loss this have caused.

I apologize again, but I am confused, what’s the status now? is it working?
    I have handled this to the dev team and they are doing their best, but they’re still stuck there.

I will update you and all the client once we get a solution for this.

Alternatively you can use a post block, to display only a category of portfolios in each page

Please let me know if you need help setting this up

Regards

michael48769
    Participant

Dear Omar, yes, with the changes in /circleflip/inc/cpt/portfolio/js/front.js (see above) it is working now. Thank you very much for your help. It’s good to see, that I’m not alone 🙂 Sorry for the confusion.

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey Michael,

Thanks for the update 😀

Glad it worked

Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Portfolio-Cats empty on page load’ is closed to new replies.