Script to add

• Script to add
    Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Cedric
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I need to add an application script on my website to track my visitors with a marketing automation tool, but when I paste it into the footer.php file as recommended, this make the pages uneditable from WordPress.

Can you please tell me where I can place this script safely?

Thank you.

Cheers

Cédric

Bishoy Melek

Hello @cedric,

You can easily use the Custom Javascript code section located in Dashboard/ Appearance / Theme options / General/ advanced , to add your js code without the <script> tag . It Should work perfectly.

I hope this will help you,
    My Regards,

Cedric
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Cedric
    Participant

I have an issue since I addded the script, I can’t use my wordpress, it’s like I can’t click anywhere.

EDIT: Actually it freezes my browser window and it has a weird behaviour as I could then edit block sometimes not. But for sure it is liked with the javascript added.

RE-EDIT : So reality is wordpress is very slow since then.

Thank you.

Cheers

Cédric

Bassam Tarek
    Keymaster

Hi Cedric,

As Bishoy Mentioned you should add your code “without the script tag”, regarding the speed of the site after adding the third party script then this is something that we can’t advice for as we are not the developers of the code that you added

Best Regards

Cedric
    Participant

Hi Bassam,

I did add the script without the script tag. I don’t speak about the speed of the frontend, but for the backend (administration panel), and this is very annoying.

Thank you.

Cédric

Bishoy Melek

Hello Cedric 🙂 ,

I’m sorry but we can’t give you advise Regarding to the code because we aren’t the developers of it ,Please get back to the developer and check the problem with him ; he should help you within that .

My Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Script to add’ is closed to new replies.