Select and hide categories showing in portfolio

• Select and hide categories showing in portfolio
    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Webbevakning
    Participant

Hi again! I recently posted a question about how to show specific categories in separate portfolios and got a very quick reply (thank you!) to use post blocks. I’ve done that and selected one category for a specific page, and two categories for another page. Although on both sides all categories portfolio posts shows, and not just the ones I’ve selected. Both as list of category on top, and all categories posts on the page. I want them to just show the selected categories and hide all other. How do I do this? It seems to me as if the selection of categories made when editing the post block doesn’t work. At least it doesn’t show it front page.

Also, to not show the list of category on top, do I use the CSS I’ve found in another support thread? It was a reply on a FAQ-question, so I just want to check if it works for this too. As follows:

“To hide the categories at the top, please add the following to your Custom CSS section found under Theme Options >> General Settings >> Advanced

.filter-options{
    display:none;
    }

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello Webbevakning,

Yes the post you found regarding the categories filter on the top should work.

Regarding the selected categories not working on posts blocks, can you please make sure you are running CircleFlip Version 1.6.

If possible please provide temporary admin access to your website included in a private reply.

Cheers.

Webbevakning
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello webbevakning,

Can you please provide the link for the website?

Regards.

Webbevakning
    Participant

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello webbevakning,

Sorry but I was un-able to access your WordPress installation using the credentials you provided.

Regards

Webbevakning
    Participant

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello Webbevakning,

Sorry for the late reply,
    You select page template to show all portfolio items, what you need are post blocks.

I have created a Demo page for you to see how you can divide you portfolio categories (link for page in the following private message, feel free to delete that page) , and went ahead and added #circleflip-filters{
    display:none;
    }
    to your Theme Options >> General Settings >> Advanced >> Custom CSS to hide the category filter at the top of portfolio items

Regards

Omar
    Keymaster
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Select and hide categories showing in portfolio’ is closed to new replies.