Show Featured Image on Portfolio Page, not Thumbnail (revisited)

• Show Featured Image on Portfolio Page, not Thumbnail (revisited)
    Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• ColumbiaWebDev
    Participant

Hi, I wrote earlier with the following message about the size of our portfolio thumbnails and how after we enlarged their dimensions, the images would stretch. (Sorry, I could not find a way to re-open that thread so I’m writing again). Here is the previous message:

…..
    I have a site where I want to change the image dimensions of the portfolio items displayed with CSS (I want to make them larger and more square). That part works great.

However, somewhere the featured images added to the portfolio items are getting automatically cropped. So for exmaple:
    – I set my images to be 350×300 to fit the new dimensions we have for the portfolio thumbnails
    – I set a featured image on that post that is 350×300, called “myimage.png”
    – the image that is actually getting displayed on the main portfolio page is “myimage-350×193.png ”

So basically the images are the correct size, but they’re getting resized to an incorrect size, then re-stretched back to the original size.

…..

Following this message you let us know that this was in fact the case since the standard dimensions for many images throughout the site, not only the portfolio, were I believe 350×193.

If we were interested in changing this standard crop size throughout the site so that all these types of images were being automatically cropped to our preferred dimensions of 350×300 and therefore wouldn’t stretch, how would we go about doing that? Is there a way we could make the change via custom CSS or is there a theme file where the cropping directions are listed where we could alter those dimensions in the code?

Thanks so much for all your help. It’s a great theme and we’re really enjoying it. If we can get this issue sorted out we’re going to be ecstatic with the site!

All the best!

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello ColumbiaWebDev,

Great you’re enjoying the theme.

You can change the the crop size for the Portfolio images by altering the following file: (those alters will apply only to the three items per column size “350×193” for portfolio images only all over the website)

1- Navigate to your WordPress installation directory wp-contentpluginsbassamtarek … fe5c7classescrdncfp
    2- edit file base.php
    3- find portfolio-grid-three-column
    4- change value from
    add_image_size( 'portfolio-grid-three-column', 350, 193, true );
    to
    add_image_size( 'portfolio-grid-three-column', 350, 300, true );
    5- Log into your WordPress Admin Panel
    6- Add and activate Plugin “Regenerate Thumbnails”
    7- Go ahead to Tools >> Regen. Thumbnails
    8- Click Regenerate All Thumbnails
    9- Wait for it to finish, and check the results

Hope this gives you the needed design, please let me know if you need further assistance.

Feel free to rate Circle Flip on themeforest as well

ColumbiaWebDev
    Participant

Great, thanks! I’ll give that a try. Very happy with the theme. Will definitely give a good rating!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Show Featured Image on Portfolio Page, not Thumbnail (revisited)’ is closed to new replies.