Social Media Icons

• Social Media Icons
    Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• teresalolvera
    Participant

I would like to make the social media icons in the footer widget area open in a new window. Where do I change that?

Bishoy Melek

Hello,

You can add the social media icons in the footer widget area by adding a widget called : CF contact information and then add social icons as you wish as shown here :
    http://storage1.static.itmages.com/i/16/0517/h_1463475227_3513018_0a3a6146f5.png

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you want any further help
    Have a good day 🙂

teresalolvera
    Participant

I did that. You can see the working site at http://bvdtest.com. What I would like is to have the social media icons open in a new window. Where would I put the code for the target blank?

Bishoy Melek

Hello,

Actually this feature wasn’t withen our theme,but i add it for you . Please go to Dashboard >> Appearance >> Theme options >> General settings >> Advanced , and put the following code inside the Custom js code

jQuery(‘.widgetSocials a’).click(function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
    var win = window.open($(this).attr(‘href’), ‘_blank’);
    win.focus();
    })

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions,
    have a good day! 🙂

teresalolvera
    Participant

I appreciate your help.

I tried that and I tried

jQuery(‘.widgetSocials a’).click(function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
    var win = window.open($(this).attr(‘href’), ‘target_blank’); <<<<< added target here
    win.focus();
    })

I still can’t see that they open in a new window. Can you check in the footer area of our home page on http://bvdtest.com and see if worked for you.

teresalolvera
    Participant

I had the social media icons showing on the site and now they are missing on the footer area.

Bishoy Melek

Hello,

Could you please provide me with your website link and admin credentials to it so that i can help you further more ?

Regards

Bishoy Melek

Hello,

We have add this feature for you in the theme and it will be released today so you can update your theme using Envato Toolkit and use this feature easily without adding the custom javascript. stay tuned!

Cheers

teresalolvera
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Bishoy Melek

Hello,

I tested your website and found that you have changed in the code of the theme ; and that made the issue, but we fixed it. Now it’s working fine .

About updating the theme; There is no problem within that , you can update CF without deleting anything .

Cheers

teresalolvera
    Participant

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Social Media Icons’ is closed to new replies.