use html in contact info field in header settings

• use html in contact info field in header settings
    Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Apprique
    Participant

Instead of just mentioning an email address or phone number in the header, I need to link directly to the number (href=”tel:1234″) or email address. I also want to add a link to the contact page here. However, all html tags are filtered out by the theme. How to solve this?

Omar
    Keymaster

Hey apprique,

A really great idea, thanks for the feedback once again, you’re a great user.
    If you would allow me and provide me FTP access I would gladly do it for you within the hour, or if you choose to, you could wait for the upcoming update where this feature will be added.

Cheers.

Apprique
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Omar
    Keymaster

Hello apprique,

I have added the edit for you, now you will find a contact link below the contact info text box in the theme options >> general settings >> Header settings

It will be live for all users on the upcoming update

Regards.

Apprique
    Participant

Thanks! but why not just allow html tags in that field, so I can link part of the text to the contact page or email address (mailto:) and part of the text directly to call a phone number(tel:)?
    I have to admit that the solution you provided will work best for non-html-savvy users 🙂

Omar
    Keymaster

It is pretty easy if you want to add it 😀 but as most users are non-html-savvy as you mentioned, I would prefer to leave the default as is.

You can simply edit the outcome of this Contact Link Option in the circleflip/inc/circle-flip-actions.php
    for your header style 4

and change this block
    if(cr_get_option('header_contact_link_settings')){
    echo "<p><a href='".cr_get_option('header_contact_link_settings')."'>".cr_get_option('header_contact_settings')."</a></p>";
    }else{
    echo "<p>".cr_get_option('header_contact_settings')."</p>";
    }

With

if(cr_get_option('header_contact_link_settings')){
    echo cr_get_option('header_contact_link_settings');
    }else{
    echo "<p>".cr_get_option('header_contact_settings')."</p>";
    }

That would read-out whatever you type in, but please keep in mind that this file will change every time you update, so keep a backup just in case.

Hope I helped.

Apprique
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘use html in contact info field in header settings’ is closed to new replies.