v2.5: Formatting not fixedViewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
July 1, 2016 at 10:47 am #9123
I’d like to prefix this by saying that “fixed” for me means in the build, not with custom CSS.
I got the 2.5 finally (thanks for pushing through on Envato) and here is what I discovered.
1. UL OL/LI are still not fixed. Font is wrong. Left margin is wrong. Top and bottom margins are wrong.
2. Paragraph spacing in blog posts is not fixed.
3. Recent Topics footer widget has a wrong color header and a thin outline which makes it standout from the rest.July 1, 2016 at 11:01 am #9128
4. Footer links and formatting got added. Thanks! That said, the style of the links in the footer presents a problem – it’s indistinguishable from the text unless you hover over and see a tooltip or a link is otherwise formatted. Also, could you please make a footer editor box a big multi-line – it’s really hard to put large text there using 15 character text box.
5. Forum formatting not fixed.
6. The date on the front page’s blog entry summary is not the style font.July 4, 2016 at 12:00 am #9151
We are really sorry about this problem . We fixed almost all of this issues and hopefully will release the new version tomorrow for you. Except for the bbpress forum problem , you have to give us admin credentials to check your configration and settings ,As we are trying to investigate the problem that happened on your website locally but we couldn’t .
My RegardsJuly 7, 2016 at 5:10 am #9195
@bishoy-melek Thanks so much!
The following issues remain:
1) UL: The font size is smaller than the default theme size font. Default body text is 16px, while UL/LI are 14px for no apparent reason. All other UL/LI issues seem to be fixed.
4) Footer links are now underlined, thanks! However, “Copy Rights Text” editor box in Theme Options is still small single-line box.
5) Forum formatting issues remain.
6) The font style of the blog entry summary date has been fixed, but the font style *size* has not been fixed. This is the same issue as (1): default theme font is 16px but (1) and (6) appear as 14px. I think it would be prudent to review how the theme CSS is being generated to ensure that font face, font size and font attributes (bold/italic) are applied consistently throughout.
Thanks a lot for your work!July 7, 2016 at 5:34 am #9199
To be more precise on forum formatting issues:
a) Name is to the side of the avatar and the avatar appearance is not styled as in general forum list (see links above for comparison).
b) UL/LI do not appear to be formatted properly. When the UL is the only structure in the post, there are no offsets or padding. Even when there is a preceding paragraph text there are no bullets/numbers and font-size is wrong (font face is correct).
c) Anchor links are not distinguished from the rest of the text by underline, color and/or hover – same issue as footer links that you just fixed.July 7, 2016 at 11:21 am #9203
Hello @karelleninc ,
1/ I Will check those 2 issues number 1 and 6 and solve it in the new version which will be released with a week. I’m sorry about that karelleninc .
2/ About the footer text area ; It shouldn’t be add in this version, Maybe in the following versions .
3/ About the forum formatting issue , As I told you That You should provide me Admin credentials and FTP access to your website in an private comment here ; in order to check this specific issue for you and solve it as soon as possible!
I also want to thank you for your efforts of tracking the issues and helping improve CF .
My Regards,July 7, 2016 at 11:36 am #9205
1, 2 – great thanks!
3. I already mentioned that your account has admin privileges both for WP and bb. Unfortunately I can’t give you direct file-system access. I can provide you with whatever excerpts you ask for. BB was installed normally via WP.
The topic ‘v2.5: Formatting not fixed’ is closed to new replies.